Tuesday, June 30, 2009

on our anniversary

Dear Daniel,
Tomorrow I'll slip into my jeans and t-shirt and walk into the retreat center cafeteria for breakfast. It will be exactly three years since I wore something a little dressier and made my way down that church aisle. I'm so glad it was you waiting for me at the altar.

Some could say we're an unlikely duo. You're the most punctual man on the planet and I'm time challenged. You're a baked beans kind of guy and I'm all for potato salad. You're Pauline epistles, I'm Old Testament narrative.

And yet, here we are. Celebrating three years together. They haven't been easy, but no one can claim they were boring. Truth is I'd rather have interesting with you than easy with anyone else.

July 1, 2006 I told you "I do." While I haven't been the wife I should have been every moment (or day) for the past 1,095 days, I'm writing you this little note to tell you, "I still do."

Love you Daniel. Tomorrow we'll serve 80 teenagers. We'll party big time when we get home. (I promise by then you'll have a real present.)

Rach
P.S.- I'll finish off your strawberries at breakfast if you'll eat my vegetable soup at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment