Friday, May 14, 2010

two year pics


I decided a few weeks ago to try to take Chica's two-year pictures. The only time we've ever had a professional take them was when she turned one. I loved how they turned out. But after another year of chasing around my child with a camera, I thought I'd give it a go. Save some money and do it myself. What could it hurt?

Wednesday after work, I drove Chica up to the same park where her one-year pictures were taken. Danny joined us to help corral the model and incite some smiles.

It did not go as planned.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out where to position her for the best lighting. I'd find a place I thought would be great, take the shot and realize it was all wrong. And the fact that I had Dan "position" her at all was a lost cause. This (typical) two-year-old would rather run in the opposite direction than sit still and smile at the camera.
I started to melt down. I told Dan I had no clue what I was doing, swore I was calling a professional the minute we got home and came this close to chucking my camera in the lake. It was one of my finest moments to date. Dan talked me down from the ledge by pointing out that I should at least import what we had.
I love that man. And I'm so glad these pictures ended up on my computer as opposed to a water-logged memory card at the bottom of a pond.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job. Love those piggy tails and that cute little smile. Enjoy her they grow up so fast seems like yesterday you were that size.Love ya Miss Linda

    ReplyDelete