Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ministry thoughts

The God of Glory has called you.
You have a ministry.
In Christ, you are enough for that ministry.
Never forget that showing God off is your ministry.
No matter what, keep your heart in your ministry.
Unveil your face and serve others with authenticity.
Always remember that the power is in God's Presence.
Let nothing come between you and intimacy with God.
Keep moving forward from glory to glory.
Let God thin that veil.
Remember, ministry is not about position.
It's about people.
Let name after name be written on your heart.
Do not seek great things for yourself, seek a great God.
As you leave this place, go in a fresh anointing.
He who turns water into wine turns wimps into warriors.
You have a ministry.
Go fulfill it.
~Beth Moore

I love, love, LOVE this. I have it hanging in my office right behind my computer so that I see it everyday. It would be equally appropriate to be hanging in my car, or on my bathroom mirror or written right on my hand. It is so easy for me to get caught up, discouraged and sidetracked in the details of ministry on a daily basis. Feelings get hurt, communication gets jumbled. So often I find myself caught up in the storms blowing around me that I lose sight of the One who has called me to ministry in the first place...the One who makes ministry possible. Danny says to people all the time that ministry is some of the best times in life and some of the hardest. A wise teacher once told me that there will always be challenges in ministry. (Amen!) But she thinks that's how God arranges things so that we'll never be tempted to love ministry more than we'll love Him. After a year and a half, I've come to agree with her. And not only do ministry struggles create a deeper longing for God, but they develope a complete dependence on Him. Praise God that while He calls all of us to be ministers for Him, He is the One who does the work!

"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant- not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
2 Corinthians 3:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment