Friday, August 19, 2011

the first two weeks

We're two weeks in and the natives are getting restless. By that I mean the grandparents are itching for more pictures of our girls. :) I've got to keep this pretty short. We're doing well but this whole doubling our children thing has flat worn me out. Hope is eating well and sleeping even better. (Nursing was tougher this time around for sure, but it's getting easier as we go. I forgot how hard it is in the beginning!)

Big Sister has been really sweet to the baby. Not so much to her parents. Let's just say we're all trying to figure out how to be part of our family of four. It's been quite the learning curve. Thankfully, several friends have had Chica over this week for play dates. It's helped both of us tremendously. I'm praying this time of transition is short!

Here we are leaving the hospital. She's wearing the second runner up outfit. Her Daddy deemed her original outfit cruel and unusual punishment. Therefore we had to "borrow" one of the hospital shirts after they told us we had to leave them there. On the way out, something set off the alarm in the maternity ward so we were on lock down for a bit. I was a little worried our lifted infant shirt would set it off again. Fortunately we made it out and are now just a few shirt snatchers living outside the law.
This picture makes me laugh. Last week we went to the pediatrician to have her weighed. I was concerned with how much she prefers sleeping to eating but looking at this makes me wonder why I was ever nervous to begin with.
Shout out from the swing! She's getting better at keeping that paci in.
Before leaving for a friend's house Chica asked me to take her picture with the baby. We were already an hour late so of course I obliged.
Their first walk side by side.
Sleepy girl.
Sister love.
It's time for this two week old to eat, gotta go for now!

3 comments:

  1. Rach! You have two BEAUTIFUL girls!! I miss you guys entirely and can't wait to see all of you again! Praying everything goes smoothly over the next couple of months! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Love you! -love Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is precious. I can't wait to introduce her to her boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete