Wednesday, March 26, 2008

i am cockeyed

Ok, I know I have no room to complain about being pregnant. I have been blessed with an incredibly easy pregnancy. No morning sickness, no bed rest, nothing that justifies whining in the least. I realize what I'm about to point out is very trivial in the grand scheme of things. That being said, I do have one small issue with this baby. For some reason she has taken up residence solely on the right side of my belly. She's always favored the right side. But now, she is so big that when she hangs out over there, it is obvious to the whole world. I have this huge, hard lump on the right and nothing on the left. I tell you what it is so bad that my belly button is no longer in the middle, it points off to the left! And nothing we've tried has fixed it. We've reasoned with her, pleaded with her even. I've practiced my stern mom voice and threatened her. Finally I attempted to just push her back over to the middle, but to no avail. Nothing works with this child! She refuses to budge. So I'm thinking she:
1. Loves to sleep so much that there is no waking her when she's dreaming (who does that sound like?)
or
2. Knows what she's doing is hacking her mother off, but she's so dang stubborn she refuses to move anyway (who does that remind you of?)

Either way, I've resigned myself to the fact that my belly is completely cockeyed and most likely it will remain that way for the next month. :)

ps- For a split second I considered posting a picture so you'd be convinced I wasn't exaggerating, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It looks that weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment