Wednesday, June 4, 2008

ocean front

Well for crying out loud it's been so long since I last blogged, I'm surprised they didn't shut me down! Right now, I'm sitting in the kitchen of an incredible vacation house right on the beach. As I type, the back drop to the laptop is the blue tide of the Gulf of Mexico. No, Dan and I didn't get a raise. :) Rather, Reese and I are on a vacation with our family. It's the last week of my maternity leave and unfortunately Dan wasn't able to come. So Reese and I hitched a ride with my sister's family and man, are we glad we did! We have had the best week! Besides going to the beach, we've spent several of our days at the outlet mall (help us all!) And I've eaten so many crab legs, there may very well be a shortage right now. Of course being with family has been the best part of it all. We can sit here and do nothing and be perfectly content. Last night Aunt Sara and Uncle Tom stayed with Reese so I could go mini-golf with the rest of the family. It's the first time I've left her and I'm proud to say, I didn't cry once! (I did tear up when I started getting 4's, 5's and 6's at the golf course, but that's a different story.)

Well it's been almost five weeks since baby arrived. It's been the most challenging yet fulfilling time of my life. Everyday we love her more. And everyday we figure her out just a little bit more. I can't help but wonder what God was thinking entrusting us with such a precious, beautiful little life. I don't ask why, I just praise Him all the more.

These past couple of weeks, Reese's likes and dislikes have become very apparent. She is a woman who knows what she wants, and she does not hesitate in voicing her desires. She is an excellent communicator. And with parents who are so clueless, it is a blessing she is! :) Here's what we've learned so far.

Things Reese Likes:
*Eating
*Sleeping
*Mommy's voice
*Taking baths
*Ceiling fans
*Daddy's guitar
*The sound of the ocean and the sound of rainstorms
*Her swing
*Bouncing, rocking and swaying (and she prefers all simultaneously)
*Burping
*Her binky

Things Reese Doesn't Like:
*Her car seat
*Gas
*Getting her diaper changed
*Getting her clothes changed
*Being hot
*Holding still

All our love from sunny Gulf Shores,
Rach & Reese

1 comment:

  1. Wish we could have made it this year... maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete