Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a can of beans

Last week while dinner was cooking on the stove, Chica decided she wanted to help me empty the dishwasher. It always takes longer when she helps, but it makes her feel like big stuff. How can I resist? As she handed me a dish to put away I realized she's become much more efficient since she first started "helping." While we worked, I couldn't help but swell with pride seeing her shuffle across the floor and place the cookie sheet in the right drawer.

"She is such a smart child," I thought to myself.

What should I teach her next?

I wonder what age she could start doing laundry?

She is well on her way to becoming a productive, contributing member of society!

Just as I was writing her Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech, something caught my eye that stopped me mid-thought.

Perspective.

In the form of a can of green beans sitting in the utensil basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment