Monday, March 8, 2010

birthday recap

Friday I turned 25 and let me just say, it was the best birthday ever. About one o'clock in the morning somebody came into my room and started poking me. I opened my sleepy eyes and standing at my bedside were my mom, my sister, my niece and my nephew.

I haven't jumped out of bed that fast since Chica was a newborn and made weird gagging noises in her sleep. It was a complete and utter surprise. I asked big girl cousin if Auntie Rachel was having a dream and she insisted, "No, it is real Auntie Rachel, it's real!"

They are so sneaky. We had a fabulous weekend. When Chica woke up the next morning to find her cousins at her house, she was beside herself. Friday night we went out to dinner with some friends. We tried to hit that magical window of time in between getting off of work and bedtime for the babies. Thank goodness the hostess put us in a little section of the restaurant with a good wall of glass separating us from the rest of the patrons. People could see the toddler circus, but they didn't have to hear it. Our waitress wasn't so fortunate. Bless her heart, she was a trouper.















Thank you everyone who helped us celebrate and for all your birthday wishes throughout the day. I went to sleep feeling well loved and lavishly blessed by you. I thank God that I'm not the woman I was when I was 24. My birthday wish for 25 is that He would continue working in my heart this year. I'm so grateful that as long as I'm living, He's not through with me yet. We've got a long way to go, but I praise Him for every step of holy progress along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment