Monday, September 5, 2011

1 month old

Little Sister is one month old today. I'm not quite sure how that happened. I think Dan said it best when he described the last four weeks as the fastest month of his life. Except for that week when Chica and I did our best to put each other in therapy (or extend what is sure to be many hours of future therapy) I have to agree.

I'm amazed at how fast the days go. It seems like when my feet hit the ground in the morning they don't stop until Dan gets home from work at night. Even then there's a multitude of half finished tasks because on the way to completion a diaper needs changing, toilet paper needs replacing, a snack has rolled under the table or the washing machine beeped. I'm so grateful for the support of our family and friends as we adjust to this phase of life. Especially considering how flakey I've become now that I'm responsible for two tiny women. :)

At one month old Hope loves: sleeping, spitting up, ceiling fans, warm baths, cool car rides and going on walks.

She does not love: gas, being cold or getting her clothes changed.

Throughout the pregnancy I wondered how I could possibly love another child like I love Reese. Moms of multiple children assured me that I would and could. Turns out they were right. When Hope came into the world one month ago, she hightailed off with our hearts. I tell her all the time how much we wanted her and how glad we are that she's here. How time flies! Speaking of time, how about a picture from the archives for a fun one month comparison? :)

1 comment:

  1. yes the time does fly by seems like only yesterday u were this size enjoy the time it goes very fast

    ReplyDelete