Saturday, September 17, 2011

a list for Saturday

1. It's been six weeks since Little Sister came into the world.
Time to reconnect with an old frenemy:

<span class=

I started this week. One day Chica did it with me. It was great because her interpretations of the exercises distracted me from the fact that my entire body was on fire. Things took a turn for the worse when she stopped, looked at me, looked towards the TV, then back at me and remarked "Mama, you don't look like them at all." Nothing like the sweet encouragement from your three-year old trainer.


2. MOPS has started back up! My friend Leslie is the coordinator and I think it's going to be a great year! There are a ton of new girls which is exciting, especially because many of them have recently moved to the area. I can't wait to get to know everyone more. Also, where else can you arrive with baby spit-up on your shirt and not only are you allowed to stay but a room full of women immediately understand?


3. Thursday afternoon Danny called from work and asked if I was up for a date night. Heck yes I was! Well, kind of. When he got home we had a little time before the baby-sitter was scheduled to arrive. I asked him if he'd rather use that time to take a quick nap or for me to take a shower. He said nap. Gotta love married life. :) By the time we pulled out of the driveway, neither nap nor shower was had. Gotta love parenthood. :)


4. My sister gave me a Sleepy Wrap when Hope was born. I've used it so much in the past six weeks. It's comfortable, frees up both hands to wrangle my other child and saves me from having to lug around the ninety pound car seat when we run errands. Plus people's reactions are hilarious.

"Can the baby breath in there?"

"Oh, there's a baby in there! I thought you were pregnant but then I saw a head sticking out!"

And my personal fav:

"Is that for a school project? Oh, never mind, that baby is real!"

5. We're on smile watch. I went digging in the blog archives and Chica smiled at exactly this time. Danny and I think we've caught a few smiles here or there but it's been so sporadic we're still not sure. I did capture this the other day while waiting for Big Sister to set up our Cootie Bug game. I'm not sure if she meant it or not, but it makes me that much more excited for her to smile for real. Come on Sissy!

6. Let it be known that this week all three Hinton girls survived their first trip to the grocery store together. I contemplated taking my real camera but was afraid it would jinx us into meltdowns all around. Plus Danny would never let me live that down. I did ask the cashier to take a quick picture on my phone.
Chica took several more on the way out of the store to document the victory.

Happy Weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I think you're right...it's going to be a great year at MOPS and I'm so excited about all our new girls! Aren't those wraps the best? I loved my Moby Wrap with Riggs, and I have a feeling I'll love it even more with #2!

    ReplyDelete