Thursday, May 7, 2009

she'll make you wish you were shred

I'd like to introduce you to my new frenemie, Jillian. She's part of Operation Get Buff in 30 Days. This post on Vicki Courtney's site tipped me off to Jillian's dvd, the latest trend in workouts.



It promises to help you lose 20 pounds in 30 days. For the record, I have no desire to lose 20 pounds, so that part didn't sell me on it.

It promises to tone and strengthen you. Considering I haven't seen the likes of abdominal muscles since before I was pregnant, that perk was enticing, but wasn't what closed the deal either.

I purchased this exercise dvd at Target yesterday because the entire workout (strength, cardio, and abs) takes twenty minutes a day. Two Zero. Five more than fifteen. The same amount of time it takes me to take a shower, vacuum the house, or iron a pair of pants. (I'm really slow at ironing.)

The truth is, I love to work out. I grew up in a very active family. My problem is making the time to do it. So when Vicki testified to speedy results in 20 minutes, I took the plunge.

If you get the dvd, you need to make sure you have weights as well. I purchased the 3 pounders, because, well I'm a weenie.

Reesie has taken a keen interest in my workout regimen. During the abs portion, she was kind enough to come over and lie on me.

I'll know it's really working if Danny notices a difference. Who knows? He may just wake up to this tomorrow morning.

That tends to happen when you lift three pound weights.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...maybe i should get mine out of the closet. jenny loves this DVD, so i bought it before christmas. its not doing much for me (or my abs) still wrapped in the plastic package. ~ manda

    ReplyDelete