Saturday, May 16, 2009

our little graduate

Last Thursday was the Chica's last day of her "school year". She has attended a day care program at a local church all year and, as far as I can tell has loved it. We're switching her to a different program closer to work. So I was a little emotional (surprise, surprise!) about her last day. I took a couple of pictures of her before we left.

At the end of her last day, the entire school put on a program. They wheeled her class up in a huge, red, six seater buggy. She looked like she was watching a tennis match. Her head would swivel from the singing children, to the blinding flashes of the paparazzi audience. Back and forth. At one point she tried to shove the little boy next to her over the edge of the buggy. I said a quick prayer of gratitude for the inventor of buggy seatbelts.

Then they showed a slideshow of pictures from the year, with all those sad songs about babies growing up and leaving their parents playing in the background. That's just kicking an emotional mama of a horse when she's down. Quite spiteful if you ask me. I sat in the audience trying not to ugly cry.

I kind of ugly cried anyway.

I'm not sure my heart can take 17 more "graduations."

No comments:

Post a Comment