Thursday, May 21, 2009

she'll have that un-toasted

You're looking at my daughter's favorite snack. It's wheat toast, un-toasted hold the butter and the jam.


Which is basically a glorified way of saying I feed my daughter torn up pieces of sandwich bread.


She loves bread. My grandmother used to say, "the whiter the bread, the quicker you're dead."


Thank goodness Reesie eats wheat.


When she spies me taking it out of the pantry, she flips out. The mere sight of a loaf of bread sends her into a tizzy. I can't tear the slices fast enough. So I just give it to her whole.


If that doesn't crown me Laziest Mom of the Year, I don't know what will.


Bread is her happy place.


Poor baby.


She'd never survive on Atkins.


Unless all the carbs are in the crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment