Wednesday, September 28, 2011

the fear

Dear Hopie,
Today I took your picture. What's new, right? Well this time when I took your picture, I saw it.

The Fear.
It was clear as day. I'm a woman who recognizes The Fear when I see it. The Fear strikes when you're in the process of changing the biggest blow out diaper you've ever seen and you remember the bag of wipes are at the other end of the house.
Or when you're watching Lion King 3D and Mufasa plunges to his death and your three year old bellows, "why isn't he moving???" for all the theater to hear.
The Fear.

What I can't figure out is how, at seven weeks old sweet girl, you've encountered this fear of which I speak.
Oh, that's right. I remember now.
I'm sorry Sissy, I won't let her do that to you again.
If she does, I'll just let you tell her what happened to Simba's dad and we'll call it even.
Love,
Mom

1 comment: