Wednesday, November 4, 2009

scavenger hunt!


1. First Name.
Rachel.
2. State and Country of Residence.
Mississippi, USA.
3. Husband’s Ministry Title.
Youth Pastor.
4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location.
Three years.
5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages.
An 18 month old wild woman.
6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage.
Three.
7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out?
Eat out.
8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not?
If I'm on time it's only because I found the car keys in less than five minutes, put my makeup on in the car and sprinted Marion Jones style from the nursery to the sanctuary.
9. Favorite TV Show.
Right now I love The Office and 18 Kids and Counting.
10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people. (Except now you just did…lol)
I don't like beans. Something about the texture or consistency makes it impossible for me to even put them in my mouth. I feel so guilty when church meals have beans in them. If Danny's there I make him eat my portion. If I'm flying solo I fill up on salad and rolls.
11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve.
Florescent lights.
12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it.
Old tennis shoes.
13. The one food you can not live without.
Microwave popcorn.
14. Parsonage or have your own home?
Own home.
15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor?
Freak out!

15 comments:

  1. I'm a Duggar fan too! I love them! And I'm eating popcorn right now! :) It's one of my favorite late night snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! I'm originally from MS although we serve in Florida currently. Where in MS are you? I understand about being far away from family. It's the reason I started my blog. We are 16 hours drive from our family back in MS! I get really homesick around this time of year :(
    Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like beans either! But I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first job was working in a movie theater....needless to say, I LOVE popcorn!!

    Thanks for stopping my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! I am also a Duggar fan, can't get enough! It is tough to move far from home. I grew up in Texas and am now in Minnesota. I google video a lot with my parents so they can see their 1st grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost put popcorn down for a must have food too! In fact, I might go make some right now!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, nice to meet you Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... you are so cute! Your family is cute! Your blog is cute! I bet you are awesome youth pastors!

    And I had a wild woman female child who is now and INCREDIBLE, Wonderful, fun, loving Jesus... still strong willed but I'm glad... young lady who is called to be a Children's Pastor. SO HANG on... she will become a motivated, special, young woman with GOD GIVEN leadership qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, could you be any more adorable?? Seriously!

    And we LOVe our popcorn around here. In fact, I'm pretty confident there's leftover kernels in the playroom floor as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this post a few days ago & I have thought about your answer to #11 several times since then. It caught me so off guard that your pet-peeve had nothing to do w/ people. Wow. I really respect that & need to learn from that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Duggars as well. Thanks for visiting my blog and it is nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you Rachael, you are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey! I like beans, but I can't stand mayo...AT ALL...so I just pass the plate if I even suspect it has mayo in it...

    ReplyDelete