Wednesday, June 9, 2010

while we were away

On my first day as a stay-at-home mom, I packed up our car and drove Chica to Missouri to visit our family. We stayed for ten days, the longest I've been back since I got married nearly four years ago. We had a great time and went on all kinds of adventures.

We jumped in the lake...(and by we I mean she.)
She drove a boat.
We went to a fun restaurant...
Where a train delivers your food to your table. It's quite exciting.
We ate homemade ice cream.
And licked the bowl clean.
The bowl ended up cleaner than her face.
We played with vintage toys that were there when I was her age.And then there was this. If this doesn't land us in therapy I don't know what will.
It's an exhibit with life-size robotic dinosaurs.
They move and growl.I don't know how I'm going to explain the counseling bill to Daniel.
I do not recommend this for children under the age of 35. But we made it out with zero tears! (I think she's saving them for the shrink's couch!)
We posed for a million pictures. (Can you tell she loves her aunties a little bit?)
And we saw lots...and lots...
and lots

of family.
It was a great trip.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures how do I get some pictures of that cute girl and her mommy.
    Hope you get to come back soon.
    Miss Linda

    ReplyDelete