Thursday, April 17, 2008

blessed but stir crazy...

Ok, so here's what I've been thinking. These last few weeks of pregnancy have made me more self-involved than I've ever been in my life. Every little twinge, every tiny cramp makes me wonder, "Is this the beginning of something?" With each teenie movement and flutter I allow myself to go there and think, "This could be it!" Whatever speculation of any degree of sanity I had left has officially dissipated. I am turning into a crazy woman! And believe me, I have done everything in my power to distract myself. Work and books and TV and cleaning only work for a couple of minutes before my mind starts to wander again. Back to her. People keep saying..."she's so close, she'll be here before you know it." And they are right. And I do take comfort in the fact that truly, no woman was pregnant forever. But it doesn't change the fact that Dan and I want more than anything to see her face and to hold her in our arms.
And then I started thinking something else. All of these feelings I'm feeling I was meant to feel. Profound isn't it? :) Bear with me. The anticipation and desire for a real face to face relationship I have for my daughter is just a faded shadow of the feelings God has towards us. I'd give just about anything for her to get here right now and be with us. He gave everything for the exact same result. As I wonder what is taking Baby so long to get here and meet us, He's got to be wondering the same thing about us. While I daydream about all I long to give her once she's born, He desires to shower us with immeasurably more. But we make Him wait. We push Him aside as we run around trying to manage all the issues in our lives. And as we preoccupy ourselves with all the commitments we can cram into a daily schedule, He anxiously awaits, like the Gentleman He is. Poised and ready to meet with us. Face to face. How humbling a thought that the One who gave me a mind currently consumed with meeting our Baby has a mind consumed with meeting with us.
Just some thoughts I've been thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment