Thursday, April 17, 2008

it's all in a name

I have to share this funny story that I'm still laughing about hours later. Terry is the technical director on staff with us. He has two daughters, one of whom is named Maggie. Maggie is four years old. She goes to school at the church, so once school's over, she hangs out with her daddy, whose office is right by ours. She is one little ball of energy and every now and then she'll drop in for a visit. And it's always a hoot when she does. This afternoon I went into Danny's office and I could tell Maggie had been there. There is a big dry erase board hanging on the wall and on it was a Maggie original. She had drawn a baby walking on some grass with a flower and butterfly on either side. Danny affirmed that yes, Maggie had in fact been the artist behind the drawing and it was actually our baby who had inspired the picture. The best part was that while Maggie had taken a stab at what Baby Hinton was going to look like, she did not stop there. No, she saw it only fit to name the baby as well. Underneath the picture she carefully printed L-O-O-S-E. Now, we have not decided on a name for Baby Hinton yet, so we need all the help we can get. But I have got to put my foot down at the idea of naming our daughter Loose. In the midst of my laughter, Dan informed me that Loose was actually Maggie's version of Lucy. Now she might be onto something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment