Friday, April 11, 2008

waiting...

Well, we went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and there's not much to report. The doctor said everything looked great, there just hasn't been much progress since last week. With just nine days until she's due, Danny and I joke she's either strong willed like her father or time challenged like her mother. Either way, it doesn't seem like she wants to come out any time soon. Aunt Michelle says she refuses to be born until she has a name. The other night one of my youth girls, Hannah, texted me and asked if Baby Hinton was still in there. I told her that yes, she's still hanging out. And I asked her if she had any ideas to evict her. In her 12 years of wisdom Hannah replied, "Nope, she'll come exactly when God has chosen for her to come." I tell you what, there's nothing like God choosing to speak to you through one of those you serve. I truly think Dan and I have learned more from the kids than they have from us. Her response was exactly what I needed to hear. So, we're trying to be patient. (And praying she's not gaining too much weight in the meantime!!) I told Dan the other night in some ways I'm trying to relish these last few days of "freedom". You know the final hours of our sleeping through the night, running to the store in under 15 minutes, going where we want when we want to because we can and we don't need to notify a babysitter two days before we go lifestyle. It'll be twenty some years until it's just us again. So in a nutshell, we're waiting expectantly on His timing. We'll keep you updated. Thank you for your prayers!

"Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."
Isaiah 26:8

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel, your mom and sister gave me your blog address. Hang in there, I know the waiting is hard. But you (and your youth!) is right... God's timing is perfect. The boys and I are praying for you guys!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete