Monday, November 24, 2008

six month list

Hello Baby Girl,
It has been five days since Daddo went out of town. He's on his way back as I type (woohoo!). In honor of your last day as a six-month old (how can that be?) I've compiled a list of things I'd like to remember about you. Give me a couple of months and they'll have disappeared in the abyss of my terrible memory.

At six months old...

*You go to bed at 9:00pm and wake up around 7:00am. You have to have your CD playing at night or you won't sleep. You also take three naps a day.
*You've never cried (no, not once!) when I've dropped you off at school or the nursery.
*You still love your swing. We turn it to the highest level. It's slowing down as you get bigger.
*You wear clothes that are 9-12 months in size.
*You have no teeth.
*You love to sit up while you play. You just started rolling over consistently. You desperately want to crawl.
*You eat oatmeal, sweet potatoes and carrots. You'll eat anything that I put in your mouth, and you are not partial to temperature. We'll be adding more food soon.
*You yank off immediately anything that's on your feet. You leave your hair accessories alone.
*You sleep in a sleep sack. One night I accidentally left a tube of ointment zipped up in there. I found it the next morning.
*You love everyone. You smile easily and if someone tickles your legs, you burst into a fit of giggles.
*You prefer to be out and about. All day at home makes for a cranky girl.
*You just figured out how to leap in your jumper seat we hang from the doorway. You point your feet mid-air and it makes me dream of the day you might take up dancing.
*Music of any sort captures your attention and brings a smile to your face.
*You like to play with mail, straws and all the hair you can grab.
*You love riding in your stroller.
*You talk all the time. Sometimes you sing softly to yourself. When you're playing you like to test the strength of your vocal chords. Your happy banter sounds like a cross between a raptor dinosaur and a screech owl. It makes me crack up every time. You've said "Dada" and "Mama". We're still waiting for you to say it on purpose. :)
*People stop us out in public to tell us how beautiful you are. (Like we need any reminder!)

So there you have it Baby Girl. Tomorrow, I'll get out the lamb, write seven months on a piece of paper and take your picture. You won't be six months old anymore. But you'll still be one of the best things that ever happened to us. Who knew my fallen little heart could love like this? I know God doesn't make mistakes. I can't think of any other reason why He gave you to us, except of course, for His grace. He's just that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment