Tuesday, December 9, 2008

book learning

This past weekend Danny and I traveled to Dallas for a weekend seminary class. He's about halfway through his masters degree. He's had many classes both in Dallas and online, but this weekend's was different. Wives were invited to tag along. And I wasn't about to miss out on all the learning!

We flew in my mom to watch the baby while we were in class. I'm so glad she came because I was able to focus on the lectures. Dang were they good. The professors are tenured at Dallas Theological Seminary. You'd think with how intelligent, published and renowned they are they'd be some of the most intimidating people walking around. That's what I assumed.

Surprisingly, I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Lawson and Dr. Edwards are the picture of theology transforming reality. The only thing that surpassed their knowledge of scripture was their authenticity. It was apparent from the get go that they know all about God, and they know God. The class was over way too soon.

I never thought I'd say it, but it's a good thing seminary is so expensive. Otherwise I'd be enrolled by now and we'd have to relocate my mom to Dallas. :)

Baby and her Nana had some great bonding time. Dan snagged us a steal of a deal on a hotel. Have you ever heard of Priceline? We paid $40 a night to stay in a five star hotel. The room was beautiful!

Saturday night we went to a restaurant in Dallas. It's where Jack Ruby ate just before assassinating Lee Harvey Oswald.


We left early Sunday morning to make it back in time for youth. Poor Dan. We calculated in the past six weeks, he's driven more than 5,000 miles! Thank goodness Reester and I joined in for just a few of those trips; there aren't enough Mum-mums in the world to make it that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment