Thursday, September 17, 2009

should be in bed

Hi Bloggers! I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I'm finally resurfacing into blog world to reassure those (2) of you who feared the lack of updates indicated something was terribly, terribly wrong in the life of our family. We are present and accounted for! The bad news is, it's late and my brain is even mushier than usual, but I'm going to throw some words together and pray they come out in some sort of comprehensible fashion. Help us all.

Over Labor Day weekend, our little family made its way north to meet up with some of our bigger family in the great city of St. Louis. (And by "bigger family" I mean in quantity, not in physical stature.) Along the way our beloved Buick bit the dust. We sat on the side of a highway for three hours, were towed to a nearby McDonalds and proceeded to wait three more hours for my mom to come to our rescue.

Eventually, by the grace of God we arrived safely at our destination. The same cannot be said about the Buick.

One thing we did in St. Louis was visit Grant's Farm. It came highly recommended by several friends and it did not disappoint.

Here is pictorial evidence we actually visited said farm. Grant's Farm is owned by a wealthy family that makes adult beverages. I'd tell you the name of the family but I really don't want a Google search for adult beverage makers to land someone at our little blog. I'm thinking we're not what they're looking for. Although by the time this post is over, we might all need an adult beverage.

How about some pictures?


Photo-op!


At one time Grant's Farm belonged to Ulysses S. Grant. During the tour, our tram passed by his cabin. The farm is also home to all kinds of beautiful animals.




Speaking of beautiful, doesn't my sister birth some of the most stunning children ever?? Baby Boy...


and Big Sister.


Here's our crew at one of the animal shows. Chica's hogging all of Big Cousin's snacks. You'd think we've never fed her!


My brother-in-law's a great dad.


Chica loved the ride so much, she started to cry when I unbuckled her seatbelt.


Thankfully, there were so many other things to see.


Plus, the Cousins make the trip that much more fun!


Well, I'm off to bed bloggers. Before I go, I'll leave you with a beautiful photograph capturing family, fun and Big Girl Cousin shoving her entire hand in her mouth. Impressive, no?

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment