Friday, June 26, 2009

dum dum da dum...

Hey Bloggers! It's been a little while since I last posted. Part of the reason I haven't written sooner is I'm sad to see Reesie's picture with her Daddy bumped down. There's something about having my squealing, toothy baby atop the most handsome man in the world that makes me want to bust out with an enthusiastic rendition of Sister Sledge's "We are Family." But mostly I've just been too busy to write.

Chica is spending the next week in the Homeland while Danny and I travel to our annual youth beach trip. Reports coming back say she is having a ball. There are some very anxious grandparents with some serious pent up love they're just aching to unleash upon my daughter. I see some spoiling detox in our future. Honestly, I'm so thankful they were willing to take her so Danny and I can go on the youth trip and give completely of ourselves while we're there.

Since my family is M.I.A. I've spent the past two days of free time working on the thing I teased you about a couple of weeks ago. And by free time I mean from 5:00pm Wednesday night until 5:00am Thursday morning. Last night I wrapped up at 1:00am.

For the record I'm no longer cool enough to be staying up that late. But the good news is, it's DONE. Hallelujah, it is done. And I promised you I'd show it to you bloggers. Because I'm a woman of my word, I'd like to present to you my very first wedding video.

That's right. Back when the blushing bride (now wife) was a mere fiancee she asked me to shoot and edit her wedding video. I was nervous to say yes because since graduating from journalism school, my video portfolio consists of youth movies entitled "What Would Wesley Williamson Might Would Do" and "Dr. Funkenstein Strikes Again."

Clearly, I was the obvious choice to capture the most important day of their lives.

The video is about 8 minutes long. Once again, it takes a little while to buffer. My favorite part of the whole thing is when the bride gets her dress tied. Her mother is watching her and if you look carefully, Mother of Bride turns away and then, almost as if she can't help herself or that one look simply isn't enough, she turns back towards her daughter. It was shooting that moment that I made the executive decision Chica is never getting married. She shall live with me forever and when I am old she shall take care of me. The End.

ben & jenny from Rachel Hinton on Vimeo.



Congratulations Ben and Jenny. May you laugh often, apologize quickly and love unconditionally, being confident that He who began a good work in you will carry it out to completion. Danny and I were honored to be a part of your day.

(And Jenny, you make a much better star than Dr. Funkenstein.)

No comments:

Post a Comment