Wednesday, June 17, 2009

time to sign

Sweet Girl. She's getting so big. She's also expressing herself more. And louder. And more emphatically.

To help her communicate more effectively and to cut down on the whining/frustration for the parents and the baby, we've been teaching her some simple signs. My niece loves to sign so my sister has coached me through it. There was one hitch a few weeks ago when some youth kids unknowingly signed at her incorrectly. It took close to two weeks to re-train her, but we're back in business. Now she's adding signs at a much quicker pace. Right now Chica can sign 9 words:

*Hello/Good-bye
*More
*All Done
*Please
*Thank you
*Food
*Drink
*Help
*Up

I'm not sure what we'll add to her repertoire next. I've heard of babies signing when their diapers are dirty. She doesn't exactly need to tell us when that is because our noses tell us. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

She can also kiss you on your cheek while attempting a kissing noise. When she's done, you're left with some slobber on your face and a heart melted into a puddle on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment