Friday, October 16, 2009

procrastinating

I shouldn't be blogging. We have six people on the way to spend the weekend at our house. I should be cleaning, changing sheets, vacuuming and grocery shopping.

I should not be blogging. Big Girl's taking her afternoon nap. Now is the time to kick it into high gear. Hustle. Get things done with some pep in my step. Unfortunately at the end of this long week, I'm not feeling very peppy. Or motivated. So I'm going to show you some pictures from our retreat this past weekend. Sound good?

This was taken at a gas station on the way. We had some trouble getting the bus to start. As you can see, Dan's contributing every ounce of mechanical insight he has to fix the thing.


Here are some of the girls trying not to panic during our unfortunate mishap. Thankfully twelfth turn of the key is a charm and we were back on the road in no time!


This is one of our girls during worship.


Here we are during high ropes orientation.


There was a zip line, a bungee swing and a rock wall. The rock wall was an automatic system. Instead of someone standing below, holding the line, the climber was attached to a cable at the top. I've never seen one before. I held my breath and prayed for the robots in charge of suspending each youth kid fifty feet in the air. Have mercy.


Dan was too scared to look.


Spidey-man, Spidey-man...


The best part about where we stayed were the two huge porches overlooking the Smokey Mountains. While we had to make sure no one was drying undergarments on the railing, it was the perfect spot to hang out.


This is one of our small group leaders, Mama Sherry. She has two sons and one of them is in college. Can you believe that? Most people don't, because she looks so young.

Well, there you have it bloggers. My favorite pictures from our trip. We went white water rafting as well, but I'll have to save those for another time. Most likely I'll be posting them as our guests are drying off with hand towels.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment