Tuesday, October 21, 2008

bonne anniversaire a toi!

There's a birthday girl in the house! My sweet Mom is celebrating her birthday today. Hi Birthday Girl! In honor of her birthday being the 21st of October, I will now give you 21 reasons she is so fabulous. Drum roll please....

1. She's small but she packs a big punch.
2. She struck fear in the heart of every guy I dated.
3. She wears the same size shoe I do so I always had twice as many shoes to steal/choose from.
4. Her potato casserole. Have mercy.
5. In high school she drove me to school even though I made her late.
6. No one works harder than she does.
7. When she sets her mind to something, she will see it through.
8. She always has a bag of Dum-Dums in her office.
9. She moved us to New York City two summers in a row so I could pursue acting.
10. After two years of begging, she let Santa bring me a Go-Go My Walking Pup, whom she affectionately named My Walking Trash Pup.
11. When Reese was born, she came for two weeks to be with me. She washed clothes, cooked dinner and stayed up all night with the baby.
12. She lives what she teaches. She walks the talk.
13. Every night in the winter, she would fill up two huge water tanks for the humidifier outside my room.
14. For my 13th birthday she took me with her on her girls trip to Florida.
15. If she starts crying, so do I.
16. She's tenacious.
17. She's tough and sensitive.
18. She got us up, dressed and off to church every Sunday.
19. When she was a physical education teacher (and yes, that is the correct term) she would let us swing on the huge climbing ropes and play on the high jump mats.
20. She believes in me, even when I don't.
21. She went into labor with me as she was with some students at school, but she didn't go to the hospital until her work was done. By the time she arrived at the hospital, it was too late for an epidural.

I could go on and on. I love you Mom. You taught me loyalty. You taught me to grow where I'm planted. You introduced me to Jesus. I'm the woman I am today because God picked you to be my Mom.

I hope I make you proud.

And I hope I can be just like you when I grow up.

Happy Birthday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment