Tuesday, March 24, 2009

go fish

My favorite part of the spring break trip to Atlanta this past weekend was the Georgia Aquarium. Don't get me wrong, the crowds were insane. We were shoulder to shoulder the entire hour and a half we were there. I'm not sure if the aquarium has an off day, but Friday definitely wasn't it.

Thankfully the crowds didn't detract from how spectacular it all was. This is the largest indoor aquarium in the world. I told the girls if I lived in Atlanta, I'd have a season pass so I could come whenever I wanted to sit, think and marvel at it all.


We walked through this tunnel and thousands of fish swam over our heads. I couldn't help but wonder...


Who is the Creator who dreamed of giving a creature this type of head and whose words made it so?


The tail He designed for this species...


became a nose for this one. Who could think this stuff up?


The Author of this cannot be dull. Have you ever seen anything so mysterious? So ethereal?


Who is God that He imagined these colors?


That He would paint a creature's lips to match its fins, then give instruction of how to use both.


Who are we, privileged to feast on the fruit of His labor?


"Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them."


"How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures...


There is the sea, vast and spacious...


...teeming with creatures beyond number-living things both large and small."


I'd say so.

1 comment:

  1. Amen girl! Great pics.

    p.s. I'm going to Beth Moore's Deeper Still Conf. in July and looking forward to it! Is that what you're attending or did you go to her PW conf. earlier this month? :)

    ReplyDelete